- This event has passed.
Trans Awareness and Inclusion Training Workshop
May 17 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£130
With an estimated 3000 trans young people in Sheffield alone it is highly likely someone you teach, support or come across in your daily work life will be trans.
SAYiT are very pleased to be able to facilitate this excellent opportunity to learn about supporting trans young people on a nationwide level. The course is aimed at helping to understand the key terms, language, laws, identities and experiences of trans young people. As well as the interaction between trans identities and mental health. It will give you an opportunity to learn how to support trans young people effectively. This will include improving their mental health. In addition to thinking about how your organisation, and/or your own practice, could be inclusive and supportive.
Trainer: Lee Gale on behalf of SAYiT
Lee Gale is a training consultant specialising in trans equality and has been working with trans communities since 2000. He has experience creating and facilitating workshops and training both in the UK and abroad
- Learn about key terms, language, laws, identities and experiences of trans people
- Gain an understanding of interactions between trans identities and mental health
- Learn how to improve the mental health of trans people
- Consider the impact of stigma & discrimination on trans peoples’ mental health
- Identify inclusive and supportive practice
There are limited places so will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once the places are full a waiting list will be collated.
Don’t miss out on gaining expert knowledge regarding this pertinent issue!